Accomplished Product Manager, Industrial Designer and Senior Interior Designer
with more than 20 years of experience within the furniture and home accessories industry, managing industrial and interior design projects from ideas to production.
Sergio effectively demonstrates that he is able to follow complex industrial production projects, basing his actions on the economic results set by Customers, taking great account of market data, direct and indirect competitors, the latest trends in style and materials.
His background as an industrial designer has enhanced his experience as a product manager, refining his skills as a product planner and problem solver.
- Deep materials and technical know-how.
- Ability to model the elements of a project (materials, shapes, timing, methodologies).
- Close interaction with the sale, marketing and other support departments.
- Positivity and affability by nature.
- Consulting managers and clients about design requirements
- Negotiating and agreeing contracts, budgets and time-scales
- Clarifying and solving design issues
- Investigating appropriate materials and production processes
- Producing sketches and sample designs
- Testing product designs using models, prototypes, specialist computer software and computer-aided design (CAD) technology
- Maintaining an awareness of current design trends and influences
- Liaising with sales, marketing and production departments
- Correcting product faults
- Presenting designs, samples and final work to customers for evaluation
Key skills for industrial /product designers
- A good eye for detail
- Well-developed technical and creative skills
- Commercial awareness
- IT skills, including CAD
- Communication and interpersonal skills